This course provides essential training for contractors who wish to offer Home Upgrade rebates to their clients who receive Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) gas or electric service. It is a required course if you do not already have a BPI Building Analyst on staff and it is strongly recommended even if you do.
In this three-day course, you will learn fundamentals of building science and gain practical
experience with core measures in the Home Upgrade Program, including;
- How to find air leaks in the building shell and properly seal them
- How to insulate the attic plane
- How to test forced air duct systems and building shells to program standards
- Combustion appliance safety testing practices
- Essential components of PG&E’s Home Upgrade Program
- How program measures fit with HERS, HERS II, BPI, and other certifications and utility programs
Course time is evenly split between the classroom and the demonstration lab.
- Have attended a PG&E-hosted Participation Workshop. Build It Green will verify this.
Bring to training:
- Writing instruments, highlighter.
- Personal dust mask [recommended]
- Closed-toed shoes [no sandals allowed in test-house]
- A refillable water bottle or drink container, to limit disposable water bottle use.
- Business cards in order to network with other attendees.
**FULL ATTENDANCE IS REQUIRED AND VERIFIED FOR THIS TRAINING.
Please plan to arrive 15 minutes early so that we can begin the course promptly.