This course provides essential training for contractors who wish to offer Advanced Home Upgrade rebates to their clients who receive Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) gas or electric service. It is a required course if you do not already have a BPI Building Analyst on staff and it is strongly recommended even if you do.
In this three-day course, you will learn fundamentals of building science and gain practical
experience with core measures in the Advanced Home Upgrade Program, including;
- How to find air leaks in the building shell and properly seal them
- How to insulate the attic plane
- How to test forced air duct systems and building shells to program standards
- Combustion appliance safety testing practices
- Essential components of PG&E’s Advanced Home Upgrade Program
- How program measures fit with HERS, HERS II, BPI, and other certifications and utility programs
Course time is evenly split between the classroom and the demonstration lab.
- Have attended a PG&E-hosted Participation Workshop. Build It Green will verify this.
Bring to training:
- Writing instruments, highlighter.
- Personal dust mask [recommended]
- Closed-toed shoes [no sandals allowed in test-house]
- A refillable water bottle or drink container, to limit disposable water bottle use.
- Business cards in order to network with other attendees.
**FULL ATTENDANCE IS REQUIRED AND VERIFIED FOR THIS TRAINING.
Please plan to arrive 15 minutes early so that we can begin the course promptly.
The deadline to register is Monday, September 23, 2019. If we do not have enough registrants by this deadline, training will be canceled.