You’ve got a plan, right? If not, follow our tips and template to create one. Market more effectively to generate leads and drive sales.
Successful home performance contractors follow an annual marketing plan, and you can, too. A smart plan will typically include:
- Key goals (how many leads do you need to generate each month to meet your sales and revenue goals?)
- Marketing budget and monthly spend (aligned with your goals, and accounting for seasonal differences in “natural” demand)
- Schedule of when you’ll run various campaigns throughout the year
- Mix of marketing channels and tactics to reach your target audience (website, social media, radio and newspaper ads, door hangers, direct mail, referrals, etc.)
- Method to track your performance and see what’s working and what’s not so your plan and your spending improve over time.
There is no one-size-fits all marketing approach for home performance contractors, according to Mike Rogers of OmStout Consulting, a leading expert on home performance marketing. What is right for you may not work well for a different company…and vice versa. You have to test channels and see what generates the best leads, most cost effectively.
Resources to Get You Started
Check out these resources from Mike to help you create your plan:
- Marketing Plan Template (xlsx)
Download this simple template (Excel file) to help you map out your marketing budget and campaigns for the year. It includes a basic tool to illustrate how to measure the performance of your previous marketing campaigns.